Online advertising offers three primary types of ads bloggers can use to make money from their blogs.
- Pay-per-click: The advertiser pays the blogger each time someone clicks on the advertiser’s ad.
- Pay-per-impression: The advertiser pays the blogger each time the ad appears on the blog’s page.
- Pay-per-action: The advertiser pays the blogger each time someone clicks on the ad and performs an action such as making a purchase.
Contextual ads are typically pay-per-click ads. The ads are delivered based on the content of the page on the blog where the ads will be displayed. In theory, the ads shown on the page should be relevant to the content of the page thereby increasing the chance that someone will click on them. Google AdSense is an example of a contextual advertising program.Google AdSense and Kontera are examples of contextual advertising oppportunities.
Text Link Ads:
Ads that are not served based on the content of a blog’s page but rather are placed basedon specific text in the posts of a blog are called text link ads. Text Link Brokers and Text-Link-Ads are examples of text link advertising opportunities.
Affiliate ads give bloggers a choice of programs to provide links to products. Bloggers are paid when someone purchases the advertised product. Amazon Associatesand eBay Affiliates
Many bloggers offer an option for visitors to purchase advertising space on their blogs. Direct ads are typically shown in the form of banner ads or similar display ads provided directly to the blogger by the advertiser to be uploaded to the blog. Pricing and payment methods vary from blogger to blogger (often dependent on the amount of traffic the blog receives). Direct advertisers on blogs are sometimes called sponsors of that blog.
Reviews (often called sponsored reviews) are an indirect form of a dvertising on blogs. A company might contact a blogger directly asking them to write a review for a product, business, website, etc. If the blogger is paid to write the review, then it is a form of advertising revenue. Some companies offer forms of review advertising such as PayPerPost.
More About Blog Monetization
- What is Affiliate Advertising?
- 6 Tips to Choose an Affiliate Advertising Program
- Review of Amazon Associates Affiliate Advertisin Program
More About Google AdSense
- Paid blogging options for making money online (tipstomakemoney.typepad.com)
- 12 Second Commute Blogging Cash (marlins12scommute.wordpress.com)
- Pay-per-Click or Display advertising – which is best? (craigharringtonpr.wordpress.com)
- How do Websites Make Money (internetsvc01.wordpress.com)
- Can Bloggers Make Money Without Google AdSense ? (showmetab.wordpress.com)
- Our Monetisation Tips (visit-chiang-mai-online.com)
- A Guide to Contextual ReTargeting Advanced Audience Extension (retargeter.com)
- “You deserve better than AdSense” – WordPress introduces WordAds (nextlevelofnews.com)
- How Much Money One Can Earn From Google AdSense (shoutmeloud.com)
- Alaskan Exposure Exclusive Scenes & Tourwide Giveaway by A.S Fenichel (fangswandsandfairydust.blogspot.com)